Founding partner Rita Holder is a regular contributor to newspapers, blog posts and other publications. Listed below are some older articles we’ve published you may find interesting . . .
What BART Wanted
Contracts with BART’s five labor unions expired on June 30, 2013.
Need for negotiation of a new four-year contract.
It’s been 16 years since the last BART strike …
Taxation Of Same-Sex Marriages
The law of taxation of employee benefits for same-sex couples is complicated …
Defined Contribution Plans In A Post-Pension Protection Act Environment
The Pension Protection Act (PPA) opened the door to new features that enable employers and employees to manage their retirement savings risks.
Evolution Of The Taxation Of Air Pollution
Air pollution control laws date back to medieval times. King Edward I of England banned the burning of newly discovered coal by blacksmiths in 1273, because of its foul odor…
2014 Delta Vision Report Card
An evaluation of efforts to implement the Delta Vision Strategic Plan
2014 Delta Vision Actions Status
This appendix describes the status and progress of the 85 actions recommended in the
Delta Vision Strategic Plan.
- Holder, R. Presentation “Financial Guidance for Women.” St. Vincent de Paul fundraiser, August 13, 2019.
- Holder, R. Parental Alienation After Divorce: Twisting A Child’s Love, Diablo Gazette, Feb 2019.
- Holder, R. What’s Equitable Subrogation? Blog Post-ritaholderlaw.com, Feb 20, 2019.
- Holder, R. Tax Consequences Of Life Insurance, Blog Post-ritaholderlaw.com, September 2018.
- Holder, R. Setting Up a Conservatorship for Your loved One, Diablo Gazette, March 1, 2018
- Holder, R. Top 5 Reasons Why You Need an Estate Plan, Diablo Gazette, July 30, 2017.
- Holder, R. Divorce and Taxes – Who Gets The Dependency Deduction And Why Do We Care? Contra Costa Bar Association Journal and Presentation to Tax Section, June 2017.
- Holder, R. The Problem of the Missing QDRO, Contra Costa Bar Journal, October 2014.
- Holder, R. and Edralin, S. Taxation of Same-Sex Marriages, Towers Perrin Client Update, October 2011
- Holder, R. Evolution of the Taxation of Air Pollution, Contra Costa Bar Journal, June 2011
- Holder, R. Defined Contribution Plans in a Post-Pension Protection Act Environment, International Pension Journal, First Quarter, 2009
- Holder, R. and Edralin, S. Webcast: “Improving Returns on 401(k) Plans,” November 30, 2008.
- Holder, R. Ray, M. Co-Presenters. “Recent Developments and Trends in Health & Welfare Plans,” Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Fall Conference, October 28, 2008.